Objective of The Scheme
- To undertake HTA studies aiming at maximizing health in the population, reducing out of pocket
expenditure (OOP) and reducing inequity.
- To support the process of decision-making in health care at the Central and State policy level by
providing reliable information based on scientific evidence.
- Develop systems and mechanisms to assess new and existing health technologies by a
Transparent and inclusive processes
- To appraise health interventions and technologies based on available data on resource use, cost,
clinical effectiveness, and safety.
- To collect and analyse evidence in a systematic and reproducible way and ensure its
accessibility and usefulness to inform health policy.
- Disseminate research findings and resulting policy decisions to educate and empower the public
to make better informed decisions for health.